lunes, 14 de mayo de 2007

¡¡Madrid!!






This last weekend (May 12-13) was spent in the capital of Spain, Madrid. It was an am amazing weekend. Firstly, we walked around the city and took in the sites (the sideways photo on top is of a group of us in front of the a fountain and the Presidential Palace, one of the most famous sites in all of Madrid). We also saw many street performers on our walks around town. The one I liked the most was playing the water glasses (as shown in picture), although most would stand on a chair all day and pretend to be a statue (their bodies completely painted silver, gold, or mud caked), then when you put in your money they would move for a good 30 seconds before returning to their original position. I can´t imagine how awful that must be in the hot weather! On our walks we also saw the Cathedral (the gated building above) and ate in the beautiful Retiro Park next to the "Crystal Palace" The highlights of the trip consisted of visiting the Museo de Arte Reina Sofia, seeing a Spanish play (which I read this year in my Spanish lit), visiting the Museo del Prado (my favorite!), and THE FOOD! We stayed in a very nice hotel and I got to experience my first time on the Subway, which I like unless it is ungodly packed (which is was most of the time).

No hay comentarios: